Areas of practice
- Administrative Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Commercial Law
- Coronial Inquests & Commissions of Inquiry
- Criminal Law
- Disciplinary Proceedings
- Industrial/Employment Law
- Work Health and Safety Law
Solicitor - 2003
Barrister - 2012
Doyle's Guide - Recommended Leading Employment & WHS Junior Counsel, NSW, 2018
In recent years employment/workplace relations law and associated practice areas have become increasingly complex and specialized.
You need an experienced and capable lawyer to help you navigate the maze.
I was inspired to follow a career in employment and workplace relations law in the years I spent working in the Chambers of some of New South Wales most distinguished industrial relations judges, the Hon. Lance Wright, former President of the Industrial Relations Commission of NSW, and the Hon Michael Walton, Vice-President of the Commission.
After leaving the Commission, and prior to being called to the Bar, I spent more than 10 years as a solicitor practicing employment and workplace relations law, initially in private practice and then as In-House Counsel to the Police Association of New South Wales.
Over that time I appeared or instructed in a diverse range of proceedings before:
- The Industrial Relations Commission of NSW and the Fair Work Commission;
- Tribunals such as the Administrative Decisions Tribunal and the Australian Human Rights Commission;
- Each Court within the NSW hierarchy, including the Local, District and Supreme Courts in New South Wales, the Industrial Court of NSW, and the Chief Industrial Magistrates Court;
- The Federal Circuit Court and the Federal Court; and
- The High Court of Australia, including having been the solicitor with carriage of the proceedings on behalf of a range of union interests in the Workchoices constitutional challenge: New South Wales v Commonwealth  HCA 52.
I was entered on the Roll of solicitors in NSW in 2003, on the High Court Roll in 2006, and called to the Bar in May 2012. My practice at the Bar centers on employment/workplace relations law, work health and safety law, discrimination law, administrative law, Commissions of enquiry (including the PIC and ICAC), coronial enquiries, and superannuation (in particular, death and disablement claims). I also do work in criminal law, migration law, and commercial law.
I am centrally based in the heart of Sydney, practicing from HB Higgins Chambers in Elizabeth Street, and would welcome the opportunity to help you or your clients in the future.
T: +61 2 9223 3633
F: +61 2 8998 8507